Senior Proofreader/Copy Editor (also act as Production Artist, Ad Ops):
Curiosity Advertising, 10/15–present
- Proofread and edit print, video and online media for brands including Roto-Rooter, Drees Homes, Penn Station, Nehemiah, Stonefire, The Christ Hospital, Dean Foods and more, primarily using ProofHQ.
- Recently moved to the production team to help out with overflow workload.
- Schedule Facebook and Instagram paid social ads using Facebook Ads Manager/Page Posts. Enter objective, creative bucket and content, cost, timing, target audience, links and closed captions.
- Keep weekly and monthly media reports up-to-date, pulling numbers from Ads Manager, AdWords and vendor-provided data for influencer campaigns, paid search, video, display, native advertising and social media.
- Coordinate programming for animated display banners and emails with outside vendor; make HTML edits and test emails using HubSpot.
- When needed, helped former Insights team conduct research and compile quantitative research and competitive audits (Crimson Hexagon, Decipher, Simmons OneView, Sysomos). Helped schedule qualitative interviews, transcribe interview results and determine trends.
Production Artist Freelancer: 1/15–10/15
- Brands included MedVet and Cincinnati Bell.
Publications & Online Media Manager: Cincinnati Nature Center, 8/12–1/15
- Designed, edited and produced email newsletters and announcements (Constant Contact), brochures, logos, posters, ads and quarterly print/digital newsletters (Adobe Creative Suite); worked with local wildlife artists to secure artwork for newsletter covers; wrote copy and shot photography for organic social media posts (Facebook Business Manager, TweetDeck).
- Elevated CNC’s online presence by doubling the average Facebook page likes per year and increasing shares, average post likes and engagement; creating Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest pages; leading collaboration on the website redesign and managing implementation with vendor; and editing ongoing website content. New website and Facebook page were spotlighted as “a job well done” at an Interact for Health nonprofit workshop “Social Media for the Social Good.”
- Managed intern/volunteers who assisted with emails and online calendar program submissions.
- Supported event and volunteer managers by helping wherever needed at fundraisers and events.
- Increased natural history knowledge/nature ID skills; helped tag monarch butterflies for tracking.
Production Artist Freelancer: 5/12–7/12
- Brands included John Frieda, Jergens, Knovation Learning.
Design Adaptation Director, Production Artist, Copywriter, Proofreader:
LPK Design, 4/97–4/12
- Provided Adobe InDesign consultations for projects (enrolled by request for Bayer client, resulting in work getting done in 1/5 of the time it previously took to spin out user manuals).
- Directed and delivered Pampers print adaptation solutions. Efficiency contributed to being up to 15% under budget. Led Adobe InCopy testing and purchased TextExporter, which increased translation document setup time efficiency by 350%.
- Managed and executed Pampers implementation of more than 420 print pieces in three years.
- Developed color builds and approved proofs. Provided kickoff consultations, initiated art reviews and released art. Revamped digital brand library and training materials. Supervised production freelancers.
- Worked with The Nature Conservancy editor at the Ohio chapter to roll out newsletters, fact sheets and signage. Spun out the approved page design for a Kennebec Land Trust book.
- Provided production support for brands including Design Management Institute, Coalition for a Drug-Free Cincinnati, Kentucky Symphony Orchestra, Morningstar Farms and many P&G brands.
- Managed global Pantene packaging production standards for over 700 files. Collaborated with separator and internal team to develop technical standards. Wrote the process manual and assisted with design guidelines, category audits and shelf sets. Because of its success in reducing errors, my role became a catalyst for company-wide graphic proofing and equity standards.
- Concepted, wrote and edited direct mail, including P&G’s Kids & Parents magazine, merging brand equity with consumer benefits.
Editing Certificate: ACES (The Society for Editing)/Poynter Institute, 2017
Permaculture Design Certificate: Permaculture Institute of Cincinnati, 2014
Community Garden Certificate: Civic Garden Center of Cincinnati, 2013
Master Gardener Coursework: Ohio State Extension Office, 2003
Writing Certificate: University of Cincinnati, 1995
Bachelor of Science in Humanities: University of Cincinnati, 1993
School Tutor, Holiday Wish List Organizer, Field Trip Chaperone: Ethel Taylor Academy (through Curiosity Advertising), 2015–present
Photographer, Native Plant Seed Collector, Events Volunteer: Cincinnati Nature Center, 2015–present
Youth Mentor: Big Brothers Big Sisters, 2012–2014
Designer: OAR Spay/Neuter Clinic, 2006–2012
Shaker Trace Nursery Volunteer: Great Parks, 2003 (one growing season)